Automatically translated from Basque, translation may contain errors. More information here. Elhuyarren itzultzaile automatikoaren logoa

"I have a right to know what they've studied about me."

  • On March 2, it was published that the Spanish Police monitored Mari Jose Beaumont in 2015. He was then Minister of Presidency, Public Service, Interior and Justice of the Government of Navarra, in the government of Uxue Barkos. In the news and Naiz indicates that he is thinking of filing in the lawsuit.

14 March 2023 - 07:50
Last updated: 16:51

Mari Jose Beaumont, a former advisor from Navarra, is thinking of presenting himself in the case of his spying. This has been expressed in the interviews held in Berria and in the last days of Naiz. However, he wants to present him for information in the lawsuit, but in recent days they have made moves to avoid it.

In fact, the day after the Beaumont espionage case was published, on 3 March, the judge of the National Court decided that those who are part of the case will not be able to see Whatsapp messages. "He made the decision without taking into account the view of the other parties." Beaumont indicates that if Whatsapp denies message information, they will appeal. "I have the right to know what they have investigated before, during and after 2015. And who's researched around me, and why," Naiz said.

Not the first time

It's not the first time you spy on Beaumont. He was a lawyer in various cases against the Itoiz dam. The PP Government in Madrid and the UPN Government in Navarra hired the marketing company Burson Masteller to deal with the information policy being carried out against the reservoir. He explains that in the small print of that contract, especially in the media, there was an order to "take good care" of those who face it.

The Infolibre magazine published the Espionage case of Mari Jose Beaumont on March 2. On February 22, 2015 he made public several Whatsapp messages between Francisco Martínez and Enrique García Castaño. Martínez Jorge Fernández Díaz was Secretary of State of the Interior Minister and García was responsible for the Central Operational Assistance Unit. In the interview you can see how Fernández asks García about Beaumont and immediately replies that "it is very clear". "What do these messages show? That before 2015 they were looking at me; if not, you don't answer that it was so clear," says Beaumont to Berria.

The PP was not welcomed when Beaumont was appointed advisor to the Government of Navarra. Fernandez Díaz said that it was not possible to be a member of the government, let alone "Interior Department Counselor who would depend on the Foral Police". The former minister and the Navarre PP parliamentarian, Ana Beltrán, threatened the government of Bárgano by saying that the government of Spain was going to break with the government of Navarra and the Foral Police.

 

 


You are interested in the channel: Espainiako Polizia
A Spanish police officer infiltrated the political and social movements of Lleida for two years
The police infiltration has been investigated and published by the Directa media. In September 2019 he approached the Ateneu Cooperatiu de Lleida for the first time, under the name of Joan Llobet García, and left his militancy in November 2021, arguing that he had found a job... [+]

Macro-operation against migrants: 135 people detained by police between Irun-Hendaye
The "Force Frontière" device of 350 police officers was used to fight migrants at the borders of Gipuzkoa and Lapurdi on 26 and 27 March. The devices they used previously under the pretext of opposing “Islamist terrorism” have now been used to oppose any “clandestine... [+]

2025-03-20 | El Salto
Kataluniako erreferendumean gomazko balak jaurti zituzten lau poliziari ez diote amnistia emango, eta auzipetu egingo dituzte

Lau agenteak lesio-delituengatik ikertzen ari dira eta horrek galarazten du 2024ko amnistia aplikatzea. Polizia horietako batek, ustez, gomazko bala batekin begi bat zartatu zion Roger Español kataluniarrari.


Torturaren beste bost biktima aitortu ditu Nafarroako Gobernuak

Oraingoz Nafarroan, 53 izango dira estatuaren biktima aitortuak eta horietatik 27 torturaren biktimak. Floren Beraza, Txaro Buñuel, Cecilio Ruiz, Patricia Perales eta Izaskun Juarez dira aitortutako torturatu berriak.


Polizia infiltratu batek bi urte igaro ditu Kataluniako Palestinaren aldeko mugimenduetan

Directa hedabidearen ikerketa batek ondorioztatu du 2018. eta 2020. urteen artean murgildu zela Kataluniako Palestinaren aldeko eta ezker independentistaren mugimenduetan, "Belén Hammad" izenaren pean. Nortasun agiri faltsu batekin Kataluniako Gobernuak... [+]


A man arrested by the Civil Guard in Amurrio for laughing on social media at the expense of two dead agents
"Dead police, the best fertilizer for the garden," the detainee wrote on social media, and his profile has more than four million followers, the Civil Guard said.

2025-01-14 | Jon Torner Zabala
Those affected will bring the actions of the infiltrated police to the Constitutional Court.
The infiltrations of police officers in social movements under false identities will reach the Constitutional Court of Spain. Irídia-Centre per la Defensa dels Drets Humans, together with the group of people affected by these infiltrations Acció Contra l 'Espionatge d' Estat,... [+]

2024-11-07 | Gedar
Between 2015 and 2022, at least 162 people were killed by the National Police
In the European Union, thirteen countries have given data on the murders of the police, and the podium is completed by the French and Spanish states.

Egiari Zor calls on the Basque Government to take further steps in recognising the victims of the State
The Egiari Zor Foundation held an event in Urnieta after 31 years of the death of Xabier Kalparsoro and Gurutze Iantzi, both in the hands of Spanish police and civil guards. It has asked the Basque Government to reopen a deadline for applications for recognition of the victims... [+]

2024-09-20 | Gedar
Another year, policemen or former policemen have committed 15% of the Machistan summer murders in the Spanish state
This summer, at least nineteen of them have been Machian murders, and at least three of them have been killed by police or former policemen. In Donostia-San Sebastián, there has also been an attempt at murder by an ertzaina, who tried to kill his partner last August.

2024-08-06 | Axier Lopez
The neo-fascist group Desokupa will train 30,000 Spanish police
According to an agreement with the majority union of the National Police, the far-right group will offer "personal defence training" to some 30,000 officers of the organization.

The Spanish Ministry of the Interior continues to pay bills to the police and civil guards in Euskal Herria
The Order of the Ministry of the Interior of October 23, 1984, approved at the time of ETA, established a “retribution” for the concepts of “dangerousness and hardship” for the National Police and the Spanish Civil Guard, which would apply to “all personnel working in... [+]

Germán Rodríguez's tombstone is dressed in red carnations
In Pamplona/Iruña, Germán Rodríguez and Joseba Barandiaran have been honoured and congratulated for their work in favour of the workers’ movement. They have also shown their solidarity with Palestine, in the annual meeting of the sanfermines in Pamplona/Iruña.

The Government of Navarre recognises as a victim Mikel Iribar, wounded by a smoke pot
The National Police has obtained the recognition of a public institution after 31 years in Pamplona, where it was seriously wounded with a smoke pot and burned in 1991. The Spanish Government also had to pay compensation, but no police have been punished for the case of the... [+]

2024-05-21 | ARGIA
Strasbourg analyzes the double violation not tried in Navarra
In 2016, two women reported the rape in Pamplona. In 2018 the suit was filed and there was no trial. The victims’ lawyer has denounced the irregularities committed in the investigation by the Spanish Police, the Prosecutor’s Office and the Court of Navarra. The Spanish State... [+]

Eguneraketa berriak daude