Thomas Brail, an environmental entrepreneur, said last week that getting strikers to break the A69 motorway was “the beginning of victory.” However, I was waiting to see what was to be agreed at the Friday meeting. Finally, the Government has announced the ratification of the Tolosa Castres motorway project: "We'll take the project to the end."
A dozen people started a hunger strike last September, and three strikes last week, at least until Friday, managed to interrupt the works. That day the final agreement was adopted at the meeting of the local elected representatives. It brought together supporters of the A69, opposition groups, scientists and executive powers.
“A large majority of local elected officials holding legal representation ratifies the law in favor of the highway,” said Clément Beaun, Deputy Minister of Transport. He also points out that after an “in-depth interview” held at the session, the force will remain in the hands of the law and the rule of law.
For his part, the president of the Tarn department council, Christophe Ramond, pointed out that the highway is “essential”: “Families need one or two cars on a daily basis, having a vehicle in our mountain lands is essential to move.”
The project has been the subject of various unsuccessful judicial proceedings. The Government notes that "the rule of law has been respected" at all stages of the procedure: “To date, the Judge has rejected all questions raised against the project, as well as the request for the suspension of works. All suspensive remedies have been taken into account and rejected," the government argued.
Damage to the motorway
Environmental groups have denounced that the A69 motorway will be “absolutely harmful to biodiversity”. Brail has stressed that continuing with the project will involve, among other things, the extraction of centenary pines and bananas.
Do not look for this connection from Ezkio or Altsasu, let alone crossing the Ebro River through Castejón. The connection, or rather the connections, between the Basque Y and the AVE of Navarre is already a reality. It is these links in the plural that should concern us and... [+]
Euskal Herri osoan zehar daude mehatxupean hamaika baso, zelai, mendi zein nekazal lur. Horien defentsan diharduten tokian tokiko plataforma asko bildu dira larunbatean Gasteizen, EH Bizirik-ek deituta, inguru naturalaren “suntsiketaren” eta makroproiektuen... [+]
Dakota Access oliobidearen kontrako protestengatik zigortu du Ipar Dakotako epaimahai batek erakunde ekologista, Energy Transfer Partners enpresak salaketa jarri ostean. Standing Rockeko sioux tribuak protesten erantzukizuna bere gain hartu du.
Sareak nabarmendu du Euskal Herri osoko eragileak daudela bertan eta deialdiak 140tik gora atxikimendu jaso dituela: "Horrek islatzen du zein den gaur egungo errealitatearen urgentzia, lurraren defentsaren beharra eta auziarekiko dagoen konpromezua".
Greenpeaceko kideak Dakota Acces oliobidearen aurka protesta egiteagatik auzipetu dituzte eta astelehenean aztertu du salaketa Dakotako auzitegiak. AEBko Greenpeacek gaiaren inguruan jasango duen bigarren epaiketa izango da, lehenengo kasua epaile federal batek bota zuen atzera... [+]
In recent weeks we have been reading "proposals" for the recovery of the railway line Castec-Soria and the maintenance of the Tudela train station in its current location, or for the construction of a new high-speed station outside the urban area with the excuse of the supposed... [+]
The restoration of the natural characteristics of the beach of Waukee began three decades ago and continues without interruption in the staged restoration to counterclockwork.
Samuel (Bizkaia) is an exceptional space, very significant from the natural and social point of view... [+]